These are my links for March 7th from 09:55 to 21:19:
Never heard of this app before, easyLife, but it purports to simplifying the installation of the extras that you typically will need on your Fedora system, (i.e. Java, Nvidia, Skype, Adobe Flash, Fonts, etc.). It works like other apps have in the past, Automatix & Ultamatix, on Ubuntu, and Fedora Frog just to name a few.
easyLife provides an easy installation method for the following 3rd party software on Fedora:
- Sets “sudo” command up for your regular user;
- Configures RPMFusion repository for extra and non-free software;
- Installs Flash Player plugin;
- Installs all kinds of Codecs (h264,divx,xvid,mp3 etc);
- Installs nvidia and ati drivers;
- Installs Skype;
- Installs Sun Java and Sun Java Plugin for Firefox;
- Integrates Sun Java with system-switch-java;
- And many others…
Installation is dead simple.
# download the latest version
% curl -L 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/easylife-linux/files/latest/download?source=files' 2> /dev/null > easylife_latest.rpm
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 59384 100 59384 0 0 41328 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 80575
# install the rpm
% su -c "rpm -Uvh easylife_latest.rpm"
And here’s what easyLife looks like once you fire it up.
easyLife Main Window
NOTE: For further details regarding my one-liner blog posts, check out my one-liner style guide primer.
These are my links for March 7th from 00:01 to 07:45:
These are my links for March 6th from 17:30 to 23:59: